Monday, July 7, 2014

My apologies and a tragic update.

     I apologize for the delays in updating this blog!  I've been trying to update it in the order events happened but, unfortunately, on Friday July 4th, My friend Mark who undertook this epic journey with me had an accident and is currently in the hospital.  It was a very slow-speed crash but, it did severe damage to his right tibia and required extensive surgery and at the moment he is fighting infection and having a tough time.  I've been at the hospital every day and it has made it a bit difficult to update things here.  I will try my best to update things as before over the next several days.
     Let me take just a moment to try to impress upon those of you reading this that ride to always wear as much protective gear as possible every time you ride!  It's impossible to protect against every possibility but, for the majority of incidents you can protect yourself quite well!
     Mark struggled with the cost of a new pair of high-end riding boots but, decided to go ahead and buy them.  This decision saved his ankle!  There was no damage to the bones of the ankle!  His kevlar-lined jeans protected him from much of the abrasion of the guardrail and his jacket did the same.  His helmet didn't factor in this as he didn't hit it at all but, please, please, never ride without one!
     Ride safe and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment